IF YOU WANT GOOD SLEEP, INVEST IN A GOOD MATTRESS
A good night’s sleep is one of the simplest yet most important pleasures of life. We all have that one friend who we envy; the one who can doze off at will in the middle of the afternoon even as many others may struggle to get a good night’s rest on a regular day. We might think he lucked out with a blissful family life or good genetics. But it’s just as likely that he invested in a good mattress.
Considering we spend nearly one third of our day, and therefore our lives, in bed, it is important to pay attention to the mattress we sleep on. Having a good mattress, one that is comfortable and keeps your back safe, is one of the most fundamental aspects of getting good sleep. Mattresses are an important accessory for beds and without it, there isn’t much utility for a bed. How do you go about finding the right mattress? It can be a challenging task for those of us who are not familiar with the process. So, let’s deep dive into the world of comfortable mattresses and give you all the information you may need.
DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS
Mattresses come in different sizes, materials, thickness, and have different quilting techniques to cater to the varying sleeping and budget preferences of different human beings.
Mattresses are available in different fabrics and foam materials. It is the material that is used to fill the mattress that determines how fluffy and soft they become.
⮚MATRESSES BY MATERIALS
•Natural Cotton Mattress
Mattresses with natural cotton fiber are amongst the most popular and preferred options. Cotton Mattresses are fluffier and stronger than ones made from most other materials. The natural cotton fiber used in a cotton mattress can be re-used and is eco-friendly. Natural Cotton Fiber mattresses are also easy to re-quilt and be cleaned.
Latex Mattresses are durable and have high-resiliency, breathability, and softness. They can ease pressure points during rest and sleep, which makes them a popular option among many.
•Soft memory foam
Soft memory foam was first made specifically for spacecrafts and later also used for air travel. The soft memory foam mattress adapts to the shape of the user to provide a good quality sleep.
Spring Mattresses offer great support and are especially useful to those with back issues.
•Cool Gel Memory Foam Mattress:
Cool Gel Memory Foam Mattress helps to maintain the body temperature through a fine layer of cool gel that adapts to the body temperature.
With modern lifestyles and increasing stress, back ailments have become common even among the younger generation. An Orthopedic mattress, which is an upgrade of the memory foam, is gaining popularity due to this reason. These mattresses have a layer that contours according to the body’s shape, provide back support, and help to align the backbone.
A coir mattress is a coir foam mattress that is made from natural fiber, obtained by removing coconut husk. The natural fiber is then treated with a latex solution and the resulting foam is used as the upper and middle part of a mattress. This is a popular option among many users as well.
Hybrid mattresses are made from a combination of memory foam and innerspring and is designed to provide softness and support.
With many people opting for more sustainable and environmentally friendly choices in their everyday life, organic mattresses are also gaining wide usage. Organic mattresses are made from natural latex, organic wool, recycled steel support coils or organic cotton, and limit exposure to chemicals and other toxins.
⮚MATTRESSES BY SIZE
•Single Bed Mattress
The most popular mattress is the single bed mattress since it is multi-purpose and can be used in different places. Single-bed mattresses come in different sizes such as 8 inches and 10 inches or can be customized to your liking. Check out the single bed mattress prices offered by HomeTown.
•Double Bed Mattress
A double bed mattress is another popular option among users. Double bed mattresses come with 12-inch mattresses or can be customized as per your preferences. Check out the double bed mattress prices offered by HomeTown.
•King size mattress
For a king size bed, the king size mattress is the ideal way to go. HomeTown offers a royal collection of king size bed mattresses that can be purchased on our website.
At HomeTown, the king size mattress is available in two options: the Eastern King bed mattress, which is 76 inches wide and 80 inches long, and the California King bed mattress, which is 72 inches wide and 84 inches long. Check out the king size bed mattress prices offered by HomeTown.
•Queen size mattress
HomeTown also offers queen-size mattress for your queen-size bed to provide you the right comfort and support. This is a good option when two people share a bed. A usual queen size mattress is 76 inches wide and 80 inches long. Check out the queen size bed mattress prices offered by HomeTown.
FACTORS TO CONSIDER BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR MATTRESS
As with most other things, everyone has a different preference for the type of mattress they like to sleep on. Some may like a soft, fluffy mattress whereas others may prefer a harder one. There are also medium-soft mattresses for those who like it in between.
The most important factor in deciding the right mattress for you is finding the ideal amount of softness or firmness that you prefer. It is said that you can make a firm bed softer with featherbeds and pads, but you can’t make a soft bed firmer. If you are in doubt, always go choose one level firmer.
Another consideration is the size of the mattress, which depends on the bed that you have at home and on your height. You have single bed mattresses, double bed mattresses, mattress king size and queen size mattresses to choose from.
Some other factors to keep in mind are:
•The number of people who would be sharing the bed
•The height of the mattress you are looking for
•The budget available for your mattress
•The preferred material that you would like to sleep on
•The area of the room and the size of the bed. Measure the room’s length and width before determining the mattress size
•Any specific health concerns, such as back pain or spinal issues, that need to be factored in while choosing a mattress
•The pattern and the color of the mattress and whether it matches the decor of your room
HOMETOWN’S MATTRESS COLLECTION
Don’t we all love the mattresses when we sleep in hotel beds and wish we had those kinds of mattresses in our own homes? In today’s times, with the advent of mattress technology that is very much possible.
At HomeTown, we offer a wide range of durable mattresses that are made using only the best materials. HomeTown’s mattress collection is a blend of comfort and elegance, with the sole purpose of ensuring you sleep soundly and wake up fresh and rejuvenated. Our comfortable mattresses come in varying sizes and thickness to suit the individual sleeping habits of all our customers. We have got mattresses irrespective of the size of the bed and your budget.
You can view HomeTown’s entire collection of single bed mattress and double bed mattress online on our website.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is the most popular mattress used?
- The foam mattress is the most popular type of mattress used as it provides comfortable back support. It also helps those with back aches and hip issues.
2. What is the average lifespan of a mattress?
- A good quality mattress should have an average lifespan of seven to eight years.
3. What is the average mattress price online in India?
- The cost of a mattress depends on the size and the material that you choose. The brand also plays an important role in the price of a mattress. An average single bed mattress in India should cost somewhere Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 15,000 while a larger mattress will cost more than Rs. 20,000.
4. Which type of mattress is most suited for those with back pain?
- An orthopedic mattress is the best option for those who suffer from back aches. Orthopedic mattresses are very useful for those recovering from fractures, injuries, and surgeries. It helps to keep the back straight and improve spinal alignment.
5. Is it better to sleep on a hard mattress?
- The mattress you sleep on is a very personal choice. But generally, it is said that it is better to sleep on a medium or a hard mattress as compared to a soft mattress as that provides better support for your back.
6. What sizes are mattresses available in?
- Mattresses are available in various sizes such as single bed mattresses, double bed mattresses, twin bed mattresses, queen size bed mattresses, and king size bed mattresses.
7. What is the usual size of a single bed mattress?
- The average size of a single bed mattress is 39 inches wide and 75 inches long.
8. What is the usual size of a double bed mattress?
- The average size of a double bed mattress is 137 x 191 centimeters.
9. What is the difference between a twin mattress and a double mattress?
- A twin bed mattress has dimensions of 38 x 76 inches whereas a double bed mattress has dimensions of 54 x 75 inches.
10. What dimensions do queen size bed mattresses come in?
- Queen size bed mattresses come in a variety of dimensions such as 72 x 60 x 6, 72 x 60 x 8, 78 x 60 x 4, 78 x 60 x 5, 78 x 60 x 5.5, 78 x 60 x 6, and 78 x 60 x 8 inches.
11. What is the difference between a double mattress and a queen size mattress?
- A double bed mattress measures about 54 x 75 inches while a queen size mattress measures about 60 x 80 inches.
12. What is the usual size of a king size bed mattress?
- King size mattresses come in multiple dimensions such as 72 x 72 x 6, 72 x 72 x 8, 78 x 72 x 4, 78 x 72 x 4, 78 x 72 x 5.5, 78 x 72 x 6, and 78 x 72 x 8 inches.
13. Are the dimensions of a double bed mattress and a king size mattress the same?
- A double bed mattress measures about 54 x 75 inches while a king size mattress measures approximately 76 x 80 inches.
14. What materials are used to make mattresses?
- Mattresses are made using materials as diverse as cotton fiber, bonded foam, PU foam, HR foam, rebounded foam, memory foam, cool gel foam, pocket spring, Bonnell spring, coir, latex and coir.
15. What are the benefits if you buy mattress online?
- You can view the entire range of HomeTown’s mattress collection on our website, which saves you the trouble of travelling to the physical store. You can also choose to pay via secure online payments channels. HomeTown also offers the option to purchase mattresses through EMI options on your credit card.
HomeTown provides discounting offers of up to 80 per cent during our mattress sale. Besides mattresses, you can also ship for a wide range of other home and office furniture at HomeTown including sofa cum beds, bunk beds, bean bags, wardrobes, study tables, chest of drawers, bedsheets, computer tables, sofa sets, chair pads, curtains, dressing tables, serving trolleys, paintings, TV units, bookshelves, dining tables, dining chairs, filing cabinets, almirahs, comforters, crockery cabinets, bedside tables, floor lamps and more.
PERKS OF BUYING ON HOMETOWN
HomeTown is your one-stop destination for all your home decor requirements. We understand your needs and live up to those expectations. We aim at trimming down your physical need of travelling to the store by ensuring excellent online service and after sales service. Raining with discounts and offers, HomeTown makes sure you wouldn’t need to bargain to purchase a quality product. Check out HomeTown’s fine selection of elegant home furnishing and decor, stunning modular kitchens, astounding tableware and kitchenware, statement furniture and sleek bathware. Happy browsing!